- Tornadoes once again ripped through Alabama & Arkansas Sunday night. Alabama still has not recovered fully from April's devastating storms. It's just heartbreaking to think these people have to endure this. Again. We're so thankful that all of Jeff's family scattered from Tuscaloosa to Birmingham are safe, praise God.
- If you wish to help the additional 200+ families whose homes were destroyed, here's a list of ways you can donate & volunteer.
- Taking Jeff to the airport this morning. He's flying out for 10 days on business to Hong Kong. Wish I could've taken the time away from work to travel with him. If you are so inclined, we'd appreciate any prayers for safe travel please. Thank you!
- Jeff travels quite a bit, so Bailey (our Husky) & I are used to him being gone, but hate it nonetheless. I was never nervous to stay by myself until I got married. Weird huh?
- I took half the day off yesterday to hang out with Jeff. We went on a trail run and then saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Very rarely does a movie live up to a book for me, but this was exceptional. We absolutely loved it!
- For dinner last night I made the Walnut Chicken I mentioned yesterday and it was divine. In addition to a salad & yeast rolls, I also made this incredible Wild Rice Casserole from Beth Eats. Just 4 ingredients folks. Sooo good!
- Have you seen Jon Stewart's recap of Obama's SOTU Address from Tuesday? High-larious. "You open with 'I killed Bin Laden'?" Stewart asked, incredulous. "Does Rick Springfield open with 'Jessie's Girl'? No!" Here's the clip.
- Was never a fan of Oprah. Ever. But we caught her new "Next Chapter" show interviewing New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. It was incredibly well done. The advice Gov Chritie received from his Mother about respect & love was an aha moment for me:
"If you must choose between respect & love, choose respect. When someone respects you, there's always hope that love will come. But if someone loves you without respecting you, love will eventually fade." Check your local listings for the replay & watch it.
- For your inner geek: NASA released Blue Marble 2012 yesterday, the most high def image of earth. It's pretty magnificent. I've never felt smaller & more insignificant, and that's a good thing.
- Can't stop listening & singing Madeleine Peyroux's Don't Wait Too Long. Her voice & music is this beautiful blend of Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald. Swoon. Also, she's an Athens, Georgia native, which of course means she's aces in my book.
- Speaking of Athens, tomorrow is Founder's Day for my alma mater UGA, 227 years! Ever crowned with praise and glory, Georgia, hail to thee.
- I hate new new twitter.
- I love Trader Joe's crunchy curls. And my new post-run freeze treat (via lovely friend Mrs M): 1 banana + 2.5 TB nutella, blend & freeze. It's like a chocolate banana frosty. Amazing!
So that's my brain dump. What's on your minds today y'all?