1. I must've missed this tweet from Amy this week, so i'm glad i follow her blog Permission To Peruse. What an awesome topic of conversation! Here's the gist: you get a million dollars, no taxes deducted, but you can never use the internet again except for work-only purposes. Would you take it? Think long and hard about it. That means no more online shopping, no more easy concert ticket ordering, no more email, youtube, social media, or downloading of itunes. Could you do it? My answer: Hell to the yes, cut me a check pronto! I've always preferred sending notes on fancy stationery anyways. Check out Amy's blog! She's a fabulous chick, a wife & mother to 2 beautiful girls, and a strong woman of faith. I really love her space!
2. Seriously, how delicious does that look? I really envy all you Foodies out there with equally fantastic photography skills. And Karly of Buns In My Oven is no exception. I've been following her blog for a couple of years now and every single recipe i've tried has been scrumptious. She's not complicated and always delivers unpretentious recipes you'll very likely make for your families. Her latest, Chicken & Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers is on my menu this week!
3. I love Maurilio Amorim's blog for a variety of reasons. He's a former Pastor, a Business Exec in Media, a Husband & father, a Runner, and a Menswear Fashionista. He also is a creative blogger who always engages with his readers. Simply, he's a fly dude. This week he wrote a great post on a book i've got on my GoodReads "to read" list: Shawn Achor's book The Happiness Advantage. The theme of the book is something that all of us really know deep down - "Happiness is not a byproduct of success. The opposite is actually true: happy people become successful." Amen to that. Maurilio makes the most excellent point when reviewing the book
"I want to live and lead from a place of grace and enjoy life-long relationships that define who I am and the legacy I leave behind. Ultimately my happiness depends on how successful I am at doing that. The competing forces of power, money, and pleasure never deliver on their promises. They never have."If there's nothing else in life i master before i die, i want to master this happiness principle: how to love bigger, love better, forgive immediately, and serve God by doing all 3. Maurilio & the author Shawn Achor are right - happiness breeds success and happiness comes from relationships. All the rest is just window dressing. Check out both the book & Maurilio's blog.
4. If you're a follower of my blog you know two things: I'm addicted to Pinterest and one of the sweetest commenters here is my girl Kim, otherwise known as The Lady Sportswriter. That hardly does her justice though. Yes, she knows her stuff when it comes to sports, especially Georgia sports, and is highly respected among the male dominated field of voices. But she's also a loving wife, an adoring Mom to 2 great kids, and author of another fabulous blog for Mom's. But this week it's her pinboards on Pinterest that really are sensational, in particular her Snapshots In History board. Scrolling through her collection of images is better than any history book i've ever read. So many pinboards, including my own, are rather superficial. Fun, but superficial none the less, involving inspiration for home decor, fashion, food, etc. Which is why Kim's idea for boards like these are so terrific. She's also created fantastic collages on iconic figures, great moments in sports, screen legends, musicians, etc. If you're on Pinterest, follow her. And check out her blogs as well, she's an outstanding writer and even better friend.
5. Last but not least is another drool-worthy recipe, this time from the immensely popular Annie's Eats. If you're a foodie, you're likely already following Annie's site, so forgive me if you've perused this delicious concoction by now. I just had to include it. We're roasting in 100 degree temps right now in Charlotte, with the hottest month still to come. Lord help us. So what's better than a Banana Split Ice Cream Torte to stay cool in the blazing hot summer of Dixie? Nada. Plus, what a heavenly presentation! I don't know about y'all, but i'll be drenching mine in some hot fudge sauce, or maybe homemade caramel, or maybe some strawberry sauce.... If only it were fat free. Le sigh.
I hope i've pointed y'all in the direction of some new Bloggers to add to your Readers. Please feel free to recommend Bloggers & posts in the comments sections as well! Have a wonderfully relaxed Sunday fun-day everybody and be sure to check back tomorrow for another Mangia Monday!