"Therefore since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29
When I was in high school my Mom started a wonderful tradition for our family on Thanksgiving. Each year she starts a new scrapbook with gobs of pictures she snaps during every Holiday celebration. On Thanksgiving, she gives each of us our own page to write what we're grateful for and what we wish for each other in the coming year. It's so fun to flip through those family albums each year to reminisce (and sometimes laugh hysterically) over what we wrote & the pictures Mom captured. This year I thought I'd share on the blog what Jeff and I are thanking God for on this special day:
1. God's love
2. My sweet, patient husband
3. My Mom's good health and deep love for me
4. Our couples Sunday School class
5. Our crazy, messy Bailey dog
6. A job I love
7. New friends in Charlotte and old friends who love us from afar
8. Great friends I've met through Copacetic In Carolina
9. My brother is home safe from Afghanistan & with us this Thanksgiving!
10. My In-laws. They love me like they do their own children. I just adore them.
1. My salvation
2. My bride - I'm still crazy about her
3. My Mom & Pop
4. I'm great friends with my sister & brother-in-law
5. My 2 nephews
6. My career, work I love to do
7. Life-long friends who I can always count on
8. Our home
9. Good health for both Ally & me
10. We're debt free
My Mom always has such great ideas to bring our family closer together at the Holidays. But after making this list I realized I need to be making grateful list every day, not just on Thanksgiving. More importantly I need to do a much better job at thank God, the giver & creator of all good things, each day for my many, undeserved blessings.
So what are y'all Thankful for this year? And what family traditions do you love the most? Share them in the comments section y'all! I hope all of you have a terrific Thanksgiving of warm company, delicious food, and fond memories. Blessings y'all!