- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup garlic & herb butter
- 2 TB capers
- 2 tsp chicken base
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- Garnish: fresh basil, chiffonade
- Cut lemon in half, remove seeds & set aside. Cut chicken into bite-sized, diagonal pieces
- Place flour & seasoning salt in a ziplock bag. Add chicken & shake to coat.
- Add butter to a large sauté pan on medium heat & start melting. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Cook penne pasta 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Stir capers & chicken base into chicken, then squeeze in juice of 1 lemon into chicken. Add in wine & cream and stir to blend. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir pasta into chicken mixture, add a sprinkling of fresh basil, and serve.
I typically serve this scrumptious, hearty dish with grilled asparagus spears, a big salad and some fresh bread. This is such an easy recipe, and takes under 30 minutes to prepare. Bonus - it always impresses guests. Don't you just love those? I do! As they say, winner winner chicken dinner. But there are tons of different lemon chicken pasta recipes out there, so let me know if you make a favorite that's a different version. I always love ways to change up our fave recipes!
Y'all say a little prayer for safe travels for my hubby & his friends as they fly out to North Dakota today, if you will please. I'd surely appreciate it, thank you.
Mangia Mangia y'all!