I finally got around to viewing all of the posts in my Google Reader this week (more than 1000 y'all) and in the process came across some fantastic posts. Some of them are from Bloggers I've followed for a while and several are from new Bloggers I've just discovered. Either way, I thought it was time for another Blog Hopping post! Here are just a few notables that strike my fancy:
1. Kelly Market - The blog of an Atlanta interior designer with passions for art, design, fashion and impeccable style. She creates magnificent collages like the one above, each of them based on a theme. I wasn't even planning on watching the premiere of ABC's Pan Am tonight until I saw this chic piece on Kelly's site. Pretty cool, huh?
2. Baked Bree - Such a terrific Foodie blog. Bree is Wife to a Coast Guard Pilot (aka Hero) and Mom to 3 beautiful children. She's also a pretty dang good baker & photographer. This latest post is her version of the classic Italian dessert, Zuccotto. Jeff's Grandmother makes these scrumptious cake bombes and I've always wanted to try my hand at them. Thanks to Bree, it's now on my Fall bucket list.
3. Stone Gable - In need of a little Fall decor inspiration? Stone Gable blog is always a feast for the eyes. Yvonne constantly designs the most beautiful entertaining tablescapes and her Fall pear tutorial is no exception. On her blog she gives how-to instructions, delicious recipes, gardening tips, design creations, and weekly menus. Simply divine.
4. Running To The Kitchen - I'm a gym rat so I follow a ton of different Running & Fitness blogs, but RTTK is definitely my favorite. Gina doesn't just write about running, but also about healthy food, cross-training, her fabulous travels, and her sweet dog Ginger. Lately a few of my fave posts have been her smoothie recipes. Girl can make an awesome healthy shake. Her cherry vanilla almond smoothie is really yummy. So I can't wait to try her spin on the green monster as well: spinach prune banana smoothie.
5. Foo Fighters Protest Westboro Church - Surely by now you've heard of the folks from Westboro Church. Sigh. But did you see this clip of the Foo Fighters turning the tables on Westboro Church's plans to protest them? At first watch it's pretty funny. They were very polite & respectful and made their excellent point about free speech. It was a brilliant idea. But in the article was this little nugget that caught my eye:
Kaboom. Jesus taught us that the greatest commandment is to love God and then to love thy neighbor. Not just some neighbors. Not just the easy to love neighbors. Every neighbor. While the Foo Fighters were funny, the real impact, the obedience, the example of Jesus' hands and feet was shown through the congregants of Mars Hill in loving their neighbor. I pray Westboro one day gets the message.
6. Cook Like A Champion - What's better than a Foodie blog? A Couples Foodie blog! Courtney & Eric's recipes are such a great blend of guy food & girl food. And every recipe I've ever made of theirs has been a smashing success at our table. Making it onto my menu this week is their chipotle steak tacos with caramelized onions & goat cheese. Does that look delicious or what?
7. Bon Bon Rose Girls - Last on this bloggy list, but certainly not least, are the fabulous Bon Bon Rose Girls Kristin & Megan. If you're following my blog you should definitely be following theirs. These Ladies were actually the inspiration for starting my blog! They've always been my first daily blog click and likely always will. These girls talk about great style, fashion, food, decor, and much more. To my surprise, on Friday I was featured as a Rosebud!! Tickled pink was I :) Again if you've yet to check out the Bon Bon Rose Girls, put them in your Reader. You won't be disappointed!
So those are some of my favorite sites the last couple of weeks, what are some of yours? Let me know what you think of these great spaces & tell me which Bloggers are currently aces in your book. In the meantime, have a wonderful Sunday y'all!