- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB sugar
- 3 sliced bananas
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lg can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10 oz) carton Cool Whip
- 1 can Angel Flake coconut
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For the crust: Melt the butter. In a medium bowl, add melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir together until moist then pat it evenly to form a crust in a rectangular pyrex/casserole dish.
- Blend together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, & 2 TB sugar with a mixer.
- Add the following in layers:
a. 3 sliced bananas
b. pour above blend of sweetened milk, lemon juice & sugar over the bananas
c. spread the layer of pineapple
d. spread the Cool Whip
e. layer the coconut, then evenly space the cherries, and sprinkle the pecans
See, i told 'ya it was ridiculously simple. The lovely Kate Spears of Southern Belle Simple brilliantly calls these types of concoctions "Anti-Recipes." I think this Hawaiian Pie might well fit her definition. Simple, no-fail, and scrumptious! I hope y'all treat yourselves to a little Hawaiian Pie this week. Let me know what you think! I hope everybody has a fantastic week, and Mangia Mangia y'all!