Our anniversary vacation in Charleston is winding down :( But before we leave Kiawah and head back to civilization i thought i’d start the holiday week off right by re-entering the blogosphere with a Mangia Monday post! You’ll remember last week in my Fab 5 Friday post that i mentioned how much i love Hominy Grill’s cheese grits. Well, lucky for us it turns out Hominy Grill posts a few recipes of their top sellers on their site. So since i’ve been away from my kitchen the last week, i thought i’d share with y’all some Hominy Grill goodness!
- 4 ½ cups water
- 1 cup stone ground grits (from Old Mill of Guilford in Oak Ridge, NC)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 TB butter
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- In a medium saucepan over high heat bring water to a boil.
- Whisk in grits & salt, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the grits are thickened, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, butter, pepper, and tabasco, adding more to adjust seasoning as desired.
Whatever your plans are today i hope you're having a safe & fun July 4th with friends, family & great food!
Happy Independence Day and Mangia Mangia y’all!!