In honor of my hubby competing in his first Off-road Triathlon yesterday (which he rocked with a 3:52:37 time btw) i of course wanted to pamper him afterwards, which included a meal of his fave dishes. I knew before he even requested it that he'd want my Feta Avocado Salsa that i make a lot in the summer. I've probably made this twice weekly the last month since our tomatoes started ripening in the garden. Plus its a great way to use up the over-abundance of herbs we've got growing right now. Jeff & i LOVE this recipe, so i thought i'd share it with y'all as well.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 TB finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 TB chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TB chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
- 2 TB good EVOO
- 1/2 TB fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 fresh avocados, chopped
- Serve with either Stacy's Pita Chips and/or Colored Tortilla Chips
- Blend together the first 10 ingredients.
- Gently stir in the avocados right before serving.
- The salsa is best when allowed to refrigerate overnight so the flavors can marry.
- Serve with pita chips or colored tortilla chips.
I'm telling you, this is the best salsa you'll ever eat and so easy to make. Try it and let me know what you think. Happy Monday and Mangia! Mangia! y'all :)