"I don't care if Monday's blue. Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too. Thursday I don't care about you. It's Friday, I'm in love!"If you don't know that song, it means i'm old and you're not. Which also means we can't be friends. Kidding. It's Friday I'm In Love by The Cure. It's also why Rebecca Black was doomed to a fate of failure. You can't top a classic kids.
Friday here on the blog means another installment of my fab finds obsessions list, all the pretty, fun things i'm in love with (in addition to The Cure, of course). Today's compilation is all over the place but hopefully that just means there's something for everybody. So without further adieu...
As y'all know, Jeff & I just celebrated our first anniversary (woot!) and with that came a barrage of presents from friends & family. Question: does this gift-giving happen every year? I hope so ;) Anyhoo, my amazing Mother & Father-in-law gave us a fabulous box full of neat, new Bakeware that I've had on my amazon wishlist. None of these are super expensive, but all are super cool!
1. Haeger square ovenstone: Jeff & I are on a homemade pizza kick & this stone makes crusts perfectly crisp. Plus i love the raised handles and it's dishwasher safe. Score.
2. Reston Lloyd 5 pc batter bowls: Everybody has mixing bowls, but if you cook & bake a lot like me, the pour spouts are invaluable. These are stackable & come in a variety of cute colors.
3. Sagaform Herb Pot: I have a pretty large herb garden, too large in fact. But i love having fresh herbs through the winter. These cuties let me grow basil & cilantro all year and will look adorbs in my kitchen.
4. Kuhn Rikon Cook & Serve Casserole: stainless steel casserole with neoprene sleeve lets you go from the stove to table quickly & stays warm. Perfect tool for my fave All-In-One Spaghetti Recipe.
5. Le Creuset Covered Casserole: A gorgeous stoneware, family sized casserole dish-perfect for enchilada night at our house! The cover keeps everything warm & makes leftover storage easy-peasy.
6. The Spoon Sisters' Dash-Pinch-Smidgen measuring spoons: Too funny! But for Scientists like me, this suits my type-A need for precision to a T.
Midway through the summer is my fave time to grab pieces i've been eyeing at a percentage of retail. And these lovelies are a few recent additions to my wardrobe for work & play.
1. Forever 21 Ruffled Cork Stilettos: How sexy are these? I wear them any chance i can. Cute with a party dress, jeans or a pair of shorts. Did i mention i snagged these for $25? In. Love.
2. Anthropologie Gleaming Vines Blouse: I've dressed this darling blouse up with a pencil skirt & blazer for work and dressed it down with some chic white shorts and even jeans for a night out.
3. Express Belted Shorts: How cute are these short shorts? At only $42 you can grab a couple of diff colors too. I also love the J.Crew pair i found in dark navy. Easy to dress up or down, but always chic with a bow!
4. Mar Y Sol Oval Applique Clutch: Probably my fave bag of the summer. It comes in a variety of bright colors, but the multi goes with almost everything.
5. Marc Jacobs white sunglasses: I picked these up in Charleston a couple of weeks ago for almost half what they're selling for retail. With my brown hair, these really stand out. Love 'em!
6. ModCloth Wisteria Wind Dress: In a word: lovely. I wore this (with my Forever 21 stilettos) on a night out in Charleston on our vaca & didn't want to take it off. Darling dress at an amazing price: $60
Remember that cheesy show on Bravo years ago, Blow Out? Jonathan Antin's signature line was "It's all about the hair, man." That still makes me giggle. But looking at the ridiculous number of products i use on my hair, i'm thinking he was right. It's all about the hair, man.
1. Pantene Split End Repair: I can't live without this stuff y'all. Since i'm back in Masters Swim, my hair takes a beating in chlorine, in addition to the damage caused by blow drying & curling/flat irons. I've truly noticed an improvement in the breakage after using it for a month. Bonus: Pantene doesn't break the bank at $6
2. Marilyn Ovali Pro round brush: I'm new to the Ovali party, but this is the best styling & straightening brush i've ever owned. $17
3. Moroccan Oil Gold Glimmer Shine Spray: There's a reason why everybody's using Moroccan Oil products right now. This gives my hair amazing shine & hold in this humid, frizz-inducing southern summer heat. $26
4. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: I work out at least 4-5 days/week so i'm always going from work to the gym then oftentimes out with my hubby. Shampooing & styling again takes forever. And dry shampoos felt too powdery. Oribe is the golden ticket! It's a lightweight spray that gives big volume & feels clean. Perfect! $39
5. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray; On our beach vaca i used this every day right outta the ocean or pool. Just spritzed it on & my hair dried naturally with beachy waves. Great for when you wanna take a day off from the blow dryer. Love it!
6. Kerastase Shampoo & Conditioner: My Hairstylist finally convinced me to try Kerastase this summer with a bribe of samples. Holy cow, this stuff is incredible. It instantly stripped chlorine & buildup in my hair and made it feel like silk. I'm converted. You only need a tiny amt of each, which justifies the price: $36 & $39
I've always been a girl who loves arts & crafts, scrapbooking, and all of that cheesy Sally Homemaker stuff. And with the dawn of Pinterest, i've stumbled on some really cool DIY projects lately.
1. The Melanie Bag: Adorable bag kit with a step-by-step tutorial, perfect for even beginner sewers. $7
2. Posh Vases: An easy project dressing up simple vases with just wrapping paper & ribbon. So cute!
3. Flirty Ruffle Scarf: Free crochet pattern perfect for beginner sewers. How gorgeous is this scarf? Darling.
4. Dry Erase Board: Brilliant idea using only a picture frame, scrapbook paper & vinyl letters. My fave.
5. Tiered Vanity: This really is a cute idea & so easy to make with just 2 plates & a candlestick.
I'm all about metallics this summer. Since i wear a lot of neutrals in my professional attire, metallics are a great way to pop some color & shimmer. But glittery golds, silvers & coppers also look fab with the yellows, whites, corals, turquoise & teals we're all wearing this season as well. I'm not talking about rocking an 80's fanny pack though. Go easy on the metal by sporting some fun accessories like these:
1. Metallic Headbands by Sephora: I love love love these! Super cute, just a touch of metal & only $15
2. B-Low The Belt skinny tassel belt: Funky and chic. I've worn something similar with a white dress. $105
3. Fossil Metallic Watch: Braided leather of gold, silver & bronze with white. $60
4. Gap's The City Flat: My absolute favorite ballet flat! Incredibly comfy, so darling & beautiful metallics $28
5. Cara Accessories Cutout Hinged Bracelet: Every time i wear these stacked together i get tons of compliments. They're stunning statement pieces that are heavy on the bling. Love 'em. $32/each
Wow, that is some list huh? It takes forever to do these Fab 5 Friday posts, but i love sharing new things on my radar and hearing about your finds in the comments. Hope y'all have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend! Jeff & I are running a charity 5K race Saturday morning then off to SC for the Miranda Lambert concert. If you're doing either one, let me know!