Throughout the week i bookmark posts that i want to include in my Sunday Blog Hopping series. The tough part is choosing which 4 or 5 posts from terrific bloggers around the web to include. And that’s especially true for this week. As i opened my folder this afternoon to peruse over the posts i’d bookmarked i realized i had compiled more than 50 different bloggers. Wow! See what i mean, when i continually say what incredible talent people have? Incredible. The good news is, for the bloggers that didn’t get included in this week’s Blog Hopper, they will surely post amazing entries in the weeks to come. So here’s a mix of some of my faves from this week:
- Brown Eyed Baker - I’m sure most of y’all are already following the super popular & talented Michelle of The Brown Eyed Baker, but i still had to mention her post from Memorial Day. She’s released her top 100 Summer recipes. Again, that’s 100 of her faves for free. How generous is that? And there are some amazing dishes folks. I’m all about her Peach Crumb Bars!
- Stuff Christians Like - One of my first clicks every morning for a self-deprecating giggle & a little devotion before the business of my work day. Jon Acuff’s blog is immensely popular & if you haven’t read his book (aptly titled Stuff Christians Like) you should. It’s belly-ache hystericalarious. A great Father’s Day gift too! He has 2 other books out now too, but start with the first one. Back to this post though, his Tuesday blog Pretending You Didn’t See Hangover 2 Last Weekend made me spit tea across the room.
- Metro Pulse - One of my fave bloggers (and tweeter) is the Starter Wife herself, Mrs. Sarah Sprague. I could do an entire post about what a witty, smart, amazing cook & recipe Queen Sarah is, and i just may do that this Fall. You see, nobody, and i mean nobody, does tailgate fare better than Sarah. Follow her blog & check some of her recipes. Anyhoo, she tweeted this post from fellow tweeter @cgervin, Beaten, Not Stirred: A Biscuit Story. In it she writes about her 93 yr old Southern Grandmother’s biscuit recipe, with a fantastic tale of families & politics included. You must read this-trust me!
- Literally Unbelievable - I stumbled upon this satirical tumblr earlier this week via another fave tweeter of mine, Mr. Mackalicious himself: @BPMackie. Mackie is a fellow UGA fan, but also one of the wittiest & kind people on the planet. He also writes an awesome Dawgs blog as well in case you also love to cheer on my beloved Red & Black. So, Literally Unbelievable’s tumblr is dedicated to making fun of people on twitter who don’t get that The Onion is satire. Freakin’ hilarious. The reaction above was 1 of my faves.... Hee Hee
- Randy Elrod - I just love his blog! Randy is an Author, Artist, Mentor and all around creative genius who candidly engages with readers of his space, which i also love. I’m a huge fan of his watercolors (Pathos & Lion Of Judah are 2 of my faves). But he typically writes about creativity, leadership & Christian content, but also about his art and love of family & food. This week’s Memorial Day post was a fabulous compilation of them all: How To Have A Slow All-Day Italian Feast In Fast Paced America (With Recipes, Wine & Timetable). Oh my. My Mother-in-law is Italian and loved this post! I knew then, it was legit ;) It’s not only a feast for your tummy, but a feast for your eyes to read. This type of event is on my Must-Do List before the end of the year!
So those are my best pics of the week. What are yours? Share them with us in the comments. I love finding new, interesting bloggers. Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!